Have I told you about my lovely husband that always reminds me to buy bananas when I go shopping and then lets at least one of them rot in the fruit bowl. Well now you know. This has forced me to have a variety of banana friendly recipes to use up the soft bananas….good thing I lurrve banana bread.
Now that I can no longer eat the king of all foods (butter) I’ve had to change a few of my recipes around. They now include dairy/soy free milk, butter and would you believe it, sour cream!
- 1/4 cup dairy/soy free margarine (I used Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup olive/canonal oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used WAYFARE)
- Grease 1 large loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C
- Add the margine, eggs, vanilla and olive oil to the mashed bananas and mix well
- Finally add the sour cream and blend again
- In a second bowl mix the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and pour into the load pan.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes to an hour or until a skewer comes out nice and clean.
Enjoy with some dairy free spread…yummo!